Google Translator

Saturday, October 4, 2014

CHALLENGE #18 “I” IS FOR ICONIC

#18 I is for Iconic

Yahoo I am a guest designer for The Snarky Sisters!!!

A few weeks ago I entered into a challenge at The Sisterhood of the Snarky Sisters Stampers with this little dude

SNARKY SISTER COLOR THEME THE SAME SEPT 5 2014 #2

all purple and I sent her to a friend who had just had eye surgery and she loves purple..and she now can see what was made YAHOO!!!

This week on the Snarky sight they are using “I” for Iconic…heck what is iconic I said ? And so if ya don’t know here is the meaning. My card should give you inspiration as to what to do maybe ???

i·con·ic

īˈkänik/

adjective

  1. of, relating to, or of the nature of an icon.

    "language is not in general an iconic sign system"

    • (of a classical Greek statue) depicting a victorious athlete in a conventional style

then I went looking for sample images… lol… finally I was touched with what I could do…Sometimes I do this to get inspired and it really helps….just a word or picture can get my brain waves working…and here it is a double whammy if your American.

 

I had some DP with baseballs on it and then I found a cute costume of the lady liberty …two for one in this card. 

Snarky guest spot Oct 2014 #1I colored her with my Prisma pencils and added some stickles to the torch,,,head piece,,, and shoes…also the raised baseball’s stitching is stickled.

 

I want to say thank you to the gals at Snark for asking me to be a guest for them…enjoy there challenge this week and hope to see what your all about.  

Be blessed my friends.

6 comments:

  1. I adore this card Miss Lynn!! Two of the things I love about NYC - baseball and Lady Liberty!! Thanks for joining the snarky sisters as our guest designer this week!!
    xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two for one one the iconic things...are you trying to out do us? ;-) Love it! Thanks for being our SoSS Guest Designer for the I is for Iconic Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, Lynn! I love the touches of Stickles in all the right places. So glad you could guest with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, show-off! I had trouble coming up with one thing :) This is utterly fabulous, Lynn! And it's beyond an honour to have you join in with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lynn! A two-for-one iconic card? Yep, you definitely outdid the Sisterhood! And we are LOVING it! Thanks for honoring us as our GD this go around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me feel all patriotic! Just the apple pie is missing. The little lady liberty is very sweet. Thanks for being our GD at SoSS!

    ReplyDelete

Basic color wheel

Basic color wheel

Virtual Kitty